VSCode extension for Power BI Custom Visuals
Visual Studio Code Extension
This Visual Studio Code extension adds the option to directly start and restart the PowerBI Visual tools (pbiviz)
for developing Power BI Custom Visuals.
Add 'build-in' support for pbiviz in Visual Studio Code.
- Ctrl+F8: Start pbiviz and load the Power BI Custom Visual
- Crtl+Shift+F8: Restart pbiviz and reload the new Power BI Custom Visual code
- Ctrl+F9: Stop pbiviz
0.0.5 (December 5, 2016)
- [Bug] Fixed that every restart created a new outout window 'PBIViz Cli Control'
- Layout output window improved
0.0.4 (August 25, 2016)
- Added 'pbiviz package' command
- Added 'pbiviz update' command
- Reduce output window pop-up
0.0.3 (August 6, 2016)
- [Bug] Fixed restart sequence to
Power BI visuals delivered via Azure CDN
Power BI has the ability to import custom visuals and use them in your reports and dashboards. This is a great option to extent the visual capabilities of Power BI without waiting before Microsoft is adding that visual capability. Even Microsoft has created a gallery of 'approved' visuals to be used with Power BI. First there visuals were uploaded and stored within the report, but this has recently changed with the introduction of the Azure CDN capabilities.
Azure CDN (content delivery network) provided a distributed network with nodes all over the world and is able to distribute website content faster to users all over the world. All CDN nodes has it own storage to serve certain (static)…